Monday, April 11, 2005

Sending the Wrong First Impression to the World

John Bolton is the Bush Administration's nominee for US ambassador to the United Nations. My favorite John Bolton quotes?

  • There's no such thing as the United Nations.
  • If the U.N. secretary building in New York lost 10 stories, it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
  • If I were redoing the Security Council, I'd have one permanent member: the United States.
However, I'm willing to look past the anti-United Nations, almost jingoistic things he's said in the past. I think he should be rejected because he's disobeyed the cardinal rule of men's grooming: If you're going to use Just For Men on your hair, you simply must use it on your mustache, too.

If you're keeping the 'stache, you just gotta follow the example set by Keith Hernandez and Walt Frazier.


Source: CNN

No comments: