Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Iranian Fashion/Hostage Crisis Continues/Culminates

Whatever else you might say about the now-ended Iranian/British sailor imbroglio, no one knows how to deflect a hostage crisis through questionable clothing choices like the Iranians.


Having formerly swaddled its British captives in tracksuits, the Iranians chose to release all the hostages clad as game show hosts. All of them except for Faye Turney, the only woman among the 15 sailors. From the photo, it appears that she was released disguised as a Russian Babushka.

I particularly like the guy on the far right, who opted for the three-piece suit. I'm sure he's thinking, "Hey, the Iranians are giving me a free suit. I'll take a free vest, too."

Previously: Iran Complicates Hostage Crisis Through Use of Time Machine

1 comment:

Andy said...

Let the web timestamp record reflect that I scooped Wonkette on this one by, like, 4 hours.