Thursday, January 06, 2005

Jon Stewart: 1 Tucker Carlson: 0

Not only was Tucker Carlson canned and Crossfire cancelled, but the new president of CNN cited Jon Stewart in his rationale for these decisions. Ouch.

"I guess I come down more firmly in the Jon Stewart camp," said Jonathan Klein. "I doubt that when the President sits down with his advisers they scream at him to bring him up to date on all of the issues. I don't know why we don't treat the audience with the same respect."

After Jon Stewart dissed Carlson with both hands last year, I almost take pity on the guy for being let go in such a public and nasty way.

...of course, the key word is almost. Flacks like Carlson are firmly part of the problem in this lowest-common-denominator, Fox News-inspired race to the bottom among conventional media outlets.

See you on MSGOP, Carlson.

No comments: